Saturday, November 14, 2009

Almost 1 year since we said Hello and Goodbye...



Well, here we are nearly 12 months since our Baby Bregan entered the world! I can't believe that a year has passed without our little boy. I never thought I would make it one day without him, but with the strength and love of my loving husband and family, here we are.
For me the loss of Bregan will always be a snapshot of the baby that he was and will always be in my heart. For Matthew, he thinks more about the milestones and how Bregan would be doing today. Either way - our hearts still ache for him and we miss him like crazy!
I will be updating more on the 23rd - Bregan's Birthday and add some pictures. We plan to do something special for Bregan's memory and in his honor. If you are interested in doing something in Bregan's honor, I asked that you please forward any monetary gift to the NICU Social Worker's Fund at Vandy:

Make Checks Payable to:
NICU Social Worker Fund
Mail to:
Shirley Carpenter
Monroe Carell Jr.
Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
Suite 4523
2200 Children's Way
Nashville, TN 37232-9950 (this zip code and the last 4 are really important)
615-322-0545

Please make a note that the donation is in Memory of Bregan Michael Webb and add your return address if you need a tax receipt.

Many of you already know that we are bringing another beautiful Webb Baby into the fold in January! But in case, you follow this and don't know, we are due on the 29th, but we will go to Vanderbilt on the 24th for a pitocin induction with my OB. Part of me really wants to go naturally, especially after the nightmare we have been through with the Cytotec induction, but I really want to have our little girl at Vandy. Many people have said the following - "there was nothing wrong with your pregnancy before, so why not just a local hospital?" Vandy is one hour from us and given my track record of rapid labors, we can't really change trying to go after labor starts. Why?? Because after you lose one baby - you realize just how precious life really is and you never, ever want to take a chance again? Why not deliver at one of the Top 10 hospital in the US - Tricare covers it.....
I don't plan to turn this into a blog about our new baby girl - I may start to incorporate more about our family though. It's kind of hard to make updates about an Angel, but I promise to share more about where we are today.
Thank you all for reading!


4 comments:

  1. My heart still aches for you, your family and sweet baby Bregen. You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness.

    I found you on ivillage... But, I can't believe what you've been through. It's so hard to lose a baby. I had a miscarriage right before I got pregnant with my son... I couldn't imagine having been able to hold my child and have to say goodbye. I guess we never know how strong we are until we're put into those situations.

    http://www.anotherteenmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just in case I don't get a chance to get to the computer on the 23rd I wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about you a lot lately as we approach Bregan's birthday. I hope you have as good a day as I had on Benjamin's birthday. It was a hard day, but one filled with love nonetheless.

    And I totally, 100%, get why you are going to Vandy and being induced. I would (and did) do the same thing. You just cannot take chances, as minimal as those chances may appear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi PL. I hope that things are going well for you! I've followed your blog on and off for the last year, and with your angel's birthday coming up, and your new LO's BIRTH day coming up, I want to wish you double joy, peace and love, for the baby in your heart and the baby in your arms.

    Marie (geekmommy in PR)

    ReplyDelete